Hatchet’s growing team is looking for a senior full stack developer that has 3 or more years of experience developing with PHP. You will ideally be skilled in using OO PHP, TDD & Laravel (or similar MVC frameworks). We are looking for someone with good knowledge of databases, including schema design, query optimisation and some basic experience in a LEMP stack.
You must be comfortable working both frontend and backend with adequate HTML and CSS skills including responsive design. It would be a bonus if you have worked with VueJS and/or Tailwind CSS previously.
The role will include the proactive maintenance of our cloud hosted resources and a quick response to any urgent issues. A successful applicant will be available to respond to technical requests from clients and other colleagues, but this would be a minor aspect of the role. You would be working directly alongside 4 other talented developers who pride themselves in utilising the latest technologies, modern techniques and to be always pushing the agenda. We would be excited for you to teach us new things.
What you get
- Autonomy and ownership of your projects.
- To report to and work directly with one of our co-founders.
- A positive and supportive work environment.
- A shinywork laptop, we run dual monitors too.
- Partially remote work to help you get in the zone, or combine work and family. Our office in the CBD has:
- A recently refurbished office within the CBD in a homely heritage listed building, right next to the train station
- End of trip facilities (showers, bike racks) – via a Gym Membership if required.
- Crazy fast internet – 500/500mbit
- Standing desks
- Table Tennis
- Social work drinks on a Friday afternoon
- A genuine drive to learn from each other: rubber ducking, present your code andgeneral chit chat on Google Chat
The type of projects you would typically come across in your role include:
- Custom designed and built CRMs, ERPs, Business Management Systems and variousdatabase reporting tools written in Laravel and VueJS.
- External API Integrations typically written in Laravel
- eCommerce websites utilising WooCommerce on WordPress
- Various other web applications and databases across multiple industries based on WordPress
- Friday arvo upskilling sessions – build or try something new, i.e. rainz.com.au
- Extensive experience in PHP and Laravel (OOP experience).
- A clear understanding of semantic HTML and coding best practices
- OO PHP, TDD, Laravel, MySQL.
- Sound CSS & SASS knowledge.
- Demonstration of integrating with modern RESTful APIs.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
- Enjoys a bit of https://www.reddit.com/r/ProgrammerHumor/
- Bonus skills: AWS, HTML/CSS, Linux, Git / GitLab, Xero, Stripe and other RESTful APIs, NPM / Yarn, Composer PHP.
The Fine Print
- Please do not apply if you do not have rights to work in Australia.
- Please do not apply if you are not located within Australia or cannot make it to Western Australia on your own and go through the quarantine process WA requires.
- No agencies or outsourcing agencies.