Hachet is a fast-growing small business committed to developing software that enriches the lives of our clients. We have a dynamic and happy workplace and a strong passion for the software that we develop. We have a laid-back approach as long as deadlines are met. We are mostly casual dress. We work in an older heritage listed building on Barrack Street with the benefit of being accompanied by an office dog.
Hatchet’s growing team is looking for a mid or senior web developer that has 3 or more years of experience developing with PHP. You will ideally be skilled in using OO PHP, TDD & Laravel (or similar MVC frameworks). We are looking for someone with good knowledge of databases, including schema design, query optimisation and some basic experience in Linux, Nginx, and MySQL.
This is a full-stack role so you must be comfortable working both frontend and backend with adequate HTML and CSS skills including responsive design. It would be a bonus if you have worked with VueJS and/or Tailwind CSS previously.
The role will include the proactive maintenance of our AWS hosted resources and a quick response to any urgent issues. A successful applicant will be available to respond to technical requests from clients and other colleagues, but this would be a minor aspect of the role.
You would be working directly alongside 3 other talented developers who pride themselves in utilising the latest technologies, modern techniques and to be always pushing the agenda. We would be excited for you to teach us new things.
What you get
- Autonomy and ownership.
- To report to and work directly with one of our co-founders.
- A positive and supportive work environment.
- A shiny new work laptop, we run dual monitors too.
- Work from home or work out of our newly renovated office space in the CBD where we have:
- End of trip facilities (showers, bike racks) – via a Gym Membership if required.
- Crazy fast internet – 500/500mbit
- Office Dog – Golden Retriever x Border Collie
- Table Tennis
- Social work drinks on a Friday afternoon
The type of projects you would typically come across in your role include:
- Custom Designed and Built CRMs, ERPs, Booking Management Systems, Database Reporting Tools written in Laravel and VueJS
- External API Integrations typically written in Laravel
- eCommerce websites utilising WooCommerce
- Various other web applications and databases across multiple industries based on WordPress
- Friday arvo upskilling sessions – build or try something new, i.e. rainz.com.au
- Extensive experience in PHP and Laravel (OOP experience). Please note: we are not language-agnostic and don’t snub our nose to new practices or paradigms.
- A clear understanding of semantic HTML.
- Understanding of coding best practices.
- OO PHP, TDD, Laravel, MySQL
- Sound CSS & SASS knowledge.
- Demonstration of integrating with modern RESTful APIs.
- Fluent English, both written and spoken.
- Enjoys a bit of https://www.reddit.com/r/ProgrammerHumor/
- Bonus skills: AWS EC2, S3 & RDS, HTML/CSS, Linux, Git / GitLab, Xero, Stripe and other RESTful APIs, NPM / Yarn, Composer PHP.