JWA, a nationwide supplier of composite mats for temporary roadways, rumble grid exits, and work platforms, expanded their capabilities with the development of their solar distillation technology for wastewater recovery on Australian resource projects.
This led to need for the development of a new facility management system to manage and track inventory across their growing business in a modern and scalable approach, while conforming to their current ISO 9001 standards. The requirement for the system to be web and mobile accessible were a must with many different operators requiring access for various functional roles within the organisation. The solution was required to track activity on items such as:
- Rentals and Sales
- Companies and Contacts
- Products and Stock Levels
- Serialised individual Products and Variations
- Product Maintenance including Condition Reports and Repair Time
- Users with Roles and Permissions Management
The solution we provided
Hatchet provided a modern web application built using the PHP framework Laravel. This allowed our developers to work with one of the most well-regarded tools in the industry (as well as one of Hatchet’s specialties), which eases the process of creating complex features and ensuring the project can be easily scaled in the future. Some of these features include:
- PDF Condition Reports that included a publicly accessible signed and secure endpoint for customers to utilise that remain up to date the second maintenance is done on the products
- Tablet First Design in mind requiring different signatures on delivery connotes as part of the workflow including trailer, registration and other photos related to that delivery
- Running Numbers and other custom settings that are web administrable
- Multiple Warehouse/Depot tracking to track products being delivered from, returned to and maintained at separate locations
- Inventory stock counts with detailed auditing of stock movements over time via activity logs and graphs
JWA have been able to successfully transition their business operations and processes to utilise the new software as a core business application.
The seamless workflow of the app assisted the operations teams to meet high volumes of dispatches and inspections of composite mats returned from rental jobs, while providing management and stakeholders timely project information. This helps JWA maintain their ability to service major projects and Tier-1 clients.
From the client
The Hatchet Team were great to work with during the project and delivered as promised. Excellent response times and they genuinely work with you to provide solutions.
– Min C (IT Development Manager)